Saturday, January 19, 2008

I Have Been Ravelryed

I am working in Jacksonville, FL., probably for 2 months. Thanks to www.Ravelry.com, I have a way to meet new friends everywhere my job takes me with nothing more than a click of my mouse.

I had planned to meet up with a knitting group, The Black Purls. They meet at a coffee shop in St. Augustine on Saturday's. Unfortunately, I drove around and could not find a parking space. I was so discussed that I left. On the way back to the hotel, I remembered another group on Ravelry that meets in Jacksonville at a shop called KnitWitz. I decided that since I could not find a parking space, I would check out the shop. After having to call for directions, the GPS could not find the street, I finally arrived at the shop that turned out to be about 20 minutes from my hotel.

As soon as I walked in the door, I knew that this was going to be a great hangout. I am anxious to go back on Wednesday evening for their knit-in.

Some of the ladies had brought their spinning wheels and was spinning, a group had CD spindles and was learning how to spin, and another group was knitting. Everyone else, including me, was just wandering the shop.

Also on Ravelry, I joined the Western Maryland Ravelers that meet at Barnes and Noble in Frederick, MD, at the FSK Mall two Friday's a month to sit, knit and be a part of a group of other knitters. Here is a couple of pictures of some of the group that met the last time I was able to meet with everyone. What a joy it is to be in a group of like minds. There is some spinners as well as knitters. Several people have come to my little section of Ravelry and left comments about my knitting. I do hope that there will be a place for weaving, on the site, one of these days.













I just have to complete the toe on the socks I started knitting while I was on my Europe trip. They were finished when I realized that one was much, much, longer than the other and had to rip back. I was not happy about that. On this trip, I only brought UFO's with me and my spinning wheel. I am hoping that I can get these done so I can stop feeling guilty.

Okay, I brought more yarn when I went to KnitWitz, ....I will not start a project until I finish what I brought. Now, keep in mind, this store has handdyed and handspun yarns from local dyers that I can not get anywhere else. That is bad!!!!!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


2 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Ravelry is wonderful isn't it? I'll have to make sure there's a way for you to find Seed Stitch Fine Yarn in case you're ever in MA or NH.

Louise said...

Rhonda,
I will keep in mind to get in touch with you whenever I get sent to MA or NH. I will eventually.

Yes, Ravelry is wonderful.