Wednesday, August 12, 2009

IKEA to the Rescue



Finally a winding station.

I saw on the Ravelry Ikea group a winding station that a lady had made from a trestle desk leg. I happened to be in IKEA and found a trestle leg in the "AS IS" section for $7.00. Took it home but could not figure out how to get my winding station to look like the one in the IKEA group photo. Turned out I had purchased a different one.

My son-in-law came to the rescue. He had wood from his remodeling project that he said would work, he then cut and counter sinked the wood for me and told me how to get the station I wanted. I can only say I love, love it. I can sit or stand to wind balls. I put a piece of wood on the bottom and made a shelf. My IKEA basket fits perfectly there so that I can put my unwind skeins in it ready to be wound, at my leisure. I have a giant skein ball winder but I do not like the way it makes balls. Do you think my son-in-law will take a look at it. Hint, Hint.

I really had no good place to put the ball winder and the swift. Those days are over.

3 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh how wonderful! I have a great son in law like that also. He helps me with electronic stuff too. I can't imagine life without him [or my ball winder station]now. Now you just need some skeins to wind, LOL.

Vicki Boster said...

That is a wild looking creature - but if it will wind my 1500 yards of my Habu (fine as hair) yarn - sign me up!

Vicki

Unknown said...

After going through this article i have decided to bookmark this site found this really interesting & thanks a lot for keeping the blog Lively with such interesting blogs.

--
Venus
Best Affordable Security

Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV