Monday, June 06, 2011

I AM A SLINGBOX CONVERT

I have always hated that I paid for cable but because of my job I was never home enough to get my monies worth and also hated missing all my favorite shows. I am not a great TV watcher, in fact I do not have any of the movie channels because I found that I never watch movies. I have been toying with the idea of getting a Slingbox for awhile and recently overheard a conversation that the independent adjuster were having about how they loved having Slingbox to watch their home sports, I decided to give it a try.

Slingbox is a way that you can watch your home TV anywhere as long as you have access to the internet. I am now starting my morning listening to my favorite news station while I am getting ready for work. In the evening, I watch my favorite TV shows on my favorite stations like ILife, PBS, History Channel, WETA, etc, while making dinner or knitting. The only problem is that in the evening the wi-fi is not consistent because so many people are on but it still works.

I have realized that I will need to bite the bullet and buy the IPad Slingbox app. My son purchased (don't seem to surprised, I gave him the money :) and set up the system for me. I am happy that he got the Pro HD which was the most expensive but it works with the IPad app. I can see using it when I am home in my sewing room or in bed (I do not have a TV in the bedroom) or when I go to my daughter's and want to see a show. I am coming up with dozens of reasons that I would use the app and pay the $30 for the app. The more I think about it, I will have my son help me set it up this weekend. Yes, I talked myself into it.

Now on to knitting....I did not bring my spinning wheel or loom with me again. I have been knitting the Turkish Bed Socks. I need socks to wear in my work shoes or my walking sandals that do not go up my ankle. In the heat, regular socks get uncomfortable. I saw a sample of the socks in one of my knitting shop stops, purchased the pattern and I am now happy I did so. I used the Patons Kroy Socks yarn in the Clover Colors colorway. I had two balls that I had purchased for something else. I only used one ball, 166 yds, for one pair. Each sock is a different color because of the way the colors were so I am making another pair with the other ball and will see what happens. I do not care that the socks do not match exactly but right now it will look like I would be wearing one green sock and one orange sock. The socks are easy and a really neat construction. I plan on wearing the socks in my work shoes today to see how my plan works out.

No comments: