Saturday, September 09, 2006

Relaxing and Knitting

I have made it through the first week of duty. Yes, that is what I consider work. Mainly because I have been off for the last 2 months and had hoped to be off for a few more weeks.

I received a comment on this blog from a DeltaDawn that I could get in touch with her regarding yarn shops in Virginia Beach and area. However, she commented as anonymus so I have no way to reach her. DeltaDawn, if you read this, please tell me how to get in touch with you. I am off on Saturday's and need additional yarn to finish the tote I am knitting.

I have been working on my tote for the International Tote Exchange. The base is finished but I need to buy the yarn for the flowers based on the colors that my secret pal likes. Looks like I will only have a chance to work on it on Saturdays since I get in so late from work that all I want to do is crawl into bed. Here is what I have so far:

I do hope she will like it. I had purchased the pattern and the yarn for myself before I heard about the exchange. The colors of yarn that I had purchased for the flowers is not the favorite colors of my secret exchange pal so I will just save that yarn for my own purse that I will make later.

I am also doing a mitten KAL. I have almost completed the first convertible glove. Oh goodness, I was just looking at the picture and see that I will have to make one of the fingers longer. Did not notice that before. I had planned on these for myself and kept wondering why there was no change in instructions for men and women. I tried on the incomplete one and it is gigantic on my hand. Guess my son or son-in-law will have convertible mittens for Christmas.


Want to knit for another 1/2 hour or so before dinner and getting ready for work tomorrow. Just the thought of 12 hours answering questions and going over estimates is making me tired.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there mom. You're doing fine. =)

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Yahhee, today is Saturday. Hope you find the yarn store you're looking for. If you're staying at a Hotel, ask them at the front desk for a store listing or if they know of a place. You might find a great area to explore. Good luck!