Wednesday, May 14, 2014

And It Continues


I've since left Florida but I did spend my last 13 days there at Williams Landing which is a free campground in Tallahassee. If you go to the freecampground.com listing, it shows that Williams Landing is $12 or less per day, however for now it is free. Once they make improvements, this could change.




At the campground there is: a camp host couple, showers, toilet, picnic tables, a boat ramp and fishing piers. You park anywhere you like but there are no true level spots.  If your rig is larger than 32 feet, you will be able to get in but the area has a large number of trees so you will not be able to maneuver very well.



Miss Kitty in her spot

Miss Kitty's new bike rack

I enjoyed myself at Williams Landing. I never got to see the sunrise because of the fog every time I got up early but I did get to see some beautiful sunsets.


Miss Kitty also has a new plaque that hangs outside when I am someplace for a few days.

While I was at the campground, I decided to do a little sewing.  I am making a "Stitch and Slash" pillow for the bed and I just finished one for the sofa.  If the Stitch and Slash pillow turns out nice, I am thinking of making  a bedspread to match. I just have to sit still long enough to finish it.

Crafting at the picnic table next to Miss Kitty.

Found these foam mats at a Harbor Freight store which are great for blocking my knitting and only cost $9 a pack of 4.  I brought two packs so I could block anything that I would make.

I blocked a few of the shawls that I'd knit because the picnic table was great to lay the foam mats on.


I also knit a pair of socks called THANKS by Regina Satta.  I gave them to my friend, Jean.

My friend Jean and I went to the cutest restaurant in Tallahassee named Paisley's Cafe for lunch and enjoyed it so much, we went back for brunch one Sunday.

Brunch

Sign on wall at restaurant

Inside Paisley's

We also had a chance to attend the Tallahassee Green Earth Expo/Festival on April 26.  The festival had food, activities for the kids, craft vendors and demonstrations on how to recycle.

This band used everything but the kitchen sink to play music. It was really good1

Because I love food trunk rally's, I went to the Tallahassee Food Truck Rally which occurs every Thursday night at Lake Ella.
Jean at her first food truck rally

There were only 7 trucks at this rally but the food selection was nicely varied.



This was my pork sandwich... HUGE!

I thought it was a nice touch that one of the shops loaned you blankets to sit on to eat and listen to the live music. That is one way to get people to come inside.

Well, I have taken up enough of your time today. Next post will be about my trip up to Elkhart and the Escapees Boot Camp.  

Talk to you then....








2 comments:

Unknown said...

You do a great job at catching up your blog to where you've been and what you've seen. I will have to get lessons from you. Looking forward to seeing you at Brandywine creek. Hope you are enjoying the music festival......Jean

GEOCACHING WITH GRAMMY AND THE PAPILLON PRINCESS said...

Good to hear from you Louise,I check you blog a lot to see where you are...i to have been doing some sewing...got me a new sewing machine...you find the most interesting this to see...i will be heading north soon...hope to see you down the road....