Sunday, December 09, 2007

1st Sweater and Studio Tour

I thought I would give you a close up view of my sweater. On the sleeve is the cable stitches that I mentioned in my last post.







My daughter and I went on a studio tour in our area on Friday. We had a chance to meet and talk with the owners of 2 studios that offered handspun and hand dyed yarns and jewelry; owners of a Handmade fiber art Gallery that featured several local artist; hand painted furniture studio and a winery. There were several others that we wanted to go to like a hand blown glass studio and a pottery but time and weather was not in our favor.


Our first stop was Kiparoo Farm, www.kiparoofarmstudio.com
















I always stop at the owner, Annie Kelley, booth when I go to the Maryland Sheep and Wool in May. She has beautiful kits, yarn and her own patterns. I ended up with yarn and patterns to make some mittens and a scarf. The mittens will be knit and the scarf crochet. I really like this rich red. The yarn is wool and mohair.




Next, we went to Dancing Leaf Farm, www.dancingleaffarm.com
My daughter, TeAntae, had discovered her years ago when she needed to take a spinning lesson. Both Dancing Leaf and Kiparoo are farms. They offer completely different yarn and both are worth going to. I brought this gorgeous bright yarn from Dalis to make socks. The yarn is 100% superwash merino.























Our next stop was Lahara Gallery and Textiles. www.laharatextiles.com
I brought and insulated quilted lunch sack. I also signed up to take a rug hooking class this spring.






























Our last stop was Stone Wall Farm, Kathleen Balogh, offered hand painted glass ware as well as hand painted furniture. The sign said to go to the barn and it really was a barn. I loved it and wished I had one.

No comments: