I decided to join the Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon that started January 1 and ends September 30. I feel that I can make it nine months with one exception. I am going to the Maryland Sheep and Wool and that is too much yarn to not buy....Oh yes, the rules say that sock yarn does count. I have changed the title to Knit/Weave-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon.
These are the rules...
1. The Knit/Weave-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007--a period of nine months.
2. We will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
a. Sock yarn does not count. What? you think we are made of stone?
b. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that we really and truly do not have the yarn for, we may buy yarn to knit that gift.
c. If we are knitting something and run out of yarn, we may purchase enough to complete the project.
3. We are allowed to receive gifts of yarn.
4. Trading stash is allowed.
5. Spinning fiber of any sort is exempt.
I have also come up with my goals for 2007. I was at first thinking that I would love to knit a sweater this year...start to finish. While talking to my spinning/weaving/knitting friend today, I have revised my goal to Spinning the yarn, Dye it, then knit a sweater this year.
My other goal is to weave fabric for a complete outfit.
I am giving myself until the end of the year for these last two goals.