Wednesday, January 31, 2007

2007 Goals

I decided to join the Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon that started January 1 and ends September 30. I feel that I can make it nine months with one exception. I am going to the Maryland Sheep and Wool and that is too much yarn to not buy....Oh yes, the rules say that sock yarn does count. I have changed the title to Knit/Weave-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon.


These are the rules...


1. The Knit/Weave-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007--a period of nine months.


2. We will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:

a. Sock yarn does not count. What? you think we are made of stone?

b. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that we really and truly do not have the yarn for, we may buy yarn to knit that gift.

c. If we are knitting something and run out of yarn, we may purchase enough to complete the project.


3. We are allowed to receive gifts of yarn.


4. Trading stash is allowed.


5. Spinning fiber of any sort is exempt.


I have also come up with my goals for 2007. I was at first thinking that I would love to knit a sweater this year...start to finish. While talking to my spinning/weaving/knitting friend today, I have revised my goal to Spinning the yarn, Dye it, then knit a sweater this year.


My other goal is to weave fabric for a complete outfit.


I am giving myself until the end of the year for these last two goals.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

You have more resolve than I do. I went for 3 months in my stash buster challenge. ESPECIALLY with MD Sheep and Wool coming up. Then again, your project does have more lenient rules so I can see it working out. And something tells me you're counting on #3 from me aren't you! =)

Good luck on your two main goals. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Elizabeth said...

Made my way here via a sweet comment you left about a sock pattern on my blog- which I just now saw! You do lovely work, and the title of your blog is fabulous!

Bonnie said...

I was just looking over some old e-mail and came upon yours. It had your blog address at the bottom; and since I am new to the blog world, I just had to take a look. It's wonderful! Take a look at mine "Weaving Spirit" Now we have a new way to stay connected.

Anonymous said...

Louise, you never cease to amaze...spin, dye, & knit a sweater! I can't wait to see the final product. I know, like everything else, it will be beautiful.