Sunday, December 15, 2013

Disney's Art of Animation Resort

I needed something to cheer me up.  Tomorrow I go in so the doctor can determine why I am so anemic and hopefully fix it.  I am very nervous.  At first I was going to see a movie but instead went to see the Art of Animation Resort at Disney which is the new value priced hotel. I figured it would be quite a unique hotel knowing how Disney does things. I did not expect them to decorate it like they do the high price hotels but wondered how they would show Disney Animation.

Showed my ID at the guard station and went in for my self guided tour.  There are four sections: Little Mermaid, Cars, Lion King and Nemo.  I feel that Disney did the best job in the Cars section and I think you will agree when you see the pictures.


This is the lobby






There is an animator in the lobby but he was not drawing, as you can see, but was instead playing a little ukulele.

Starting from the left is Little Mermaid which are buildings 7, 8 and 9. Lion King are buildings 6 and 10. Nemo are buildings 4 and 5. The lobby/check-in building is in the front, and buildings 1, 2, and 3 is the Cars section.




The Nemo section features a giant pool.



The Cars section was impressive because they had scenes from the movie everywhere which was also the entry to the different buildings.

This actually looks like a giant drawing tablet.







I thought the entry to the pool was especially cute.


The cones are actually the cabanas for the pool in that section.


Next stop was the Lion King section.







Of course there was the Disney touch everywhere including the sidewalk that had impressions of giant leaves.

On to the Little Mermaid section.  I thought this was the least effective area.








I was feeling a little better so I went to get something to eat. The eating area features several "create your own" sections like this pasta area.

Fun was over so I headed back to Miss Kitty to make pillows for my bed.   I had not planned an African theme for the bedroom but I had no place to put my African cloth doll and the pillow cases I had made a couple of years ago needed a home. I picked up some African print fabric the other day and decided to cover the throw pillows I had on the bed.
I like the effect and will keep them.

On the way back from Disney I saw this truck in front of me and decided that this will be me, no matter what the doctor says. My daughter already told me that I have no choice in the matter anyway. :-)








1 comment:

TravelingLongdogs said...

Oh, Louise.....I hope you get good news and a quick fix from the doctor visit. Good for you for getting out and cheering yourself up.