Friday, March 14, 2014

A Girl Has To Eat......and Drink

On Thursday, I went to the Lakeland Food Truck Rally.  Tasting Tampa brought the Food Truck Rally to Lakeland.  This event is held in Munn Park the second Thursday of each month from 6-9 pm. You can tell this is a popular event as lots of people arrived with folding chairs.



Had to get this carrot cake with cream cheese frosting drizzled with caramel! Yum yum!
I did eat dinner first.


I arrived at 5:30 and the truck were already everywhere. Each truck was so unique.



They sold all kinds of tea



 More cupcakes.







I counted 20 food trucks. Decisions, decisions on what to eat.

I decided on Cajun, going for a jambalaya and half catfish poboy combo. The jambalaya was delicious.  The catfish needed seasoning.



It was a really nice touch that there was music as well as food. A DJ truck provided entertainment while we strolled, sat and ate. 




A truly fun evening. My daughter, who found this event for me, says there are lots of these food truck events all over the place. There's even one back in Maryland! I'm hoping to attend the Food Truck -n- Flight Night in Leesburg, FL if I'm in the area.

On Friday, my RV friend Dawn and her husband John, took me to The Sebring Wine Walk. Such fun, John was the designated driver so that Dawn and I could have fun. There was complimentary wine and cheese in the various shops around the circle.  I was surprised that the shops let you pour your own wine.



We met some great people in the shops.
The artist below is a photographer and is featured in this artist gallery.


The taller of the ladie, Rhenda, is the owner of shop above, Steve & Company. She plans on selling the shop and having an alpaca farm in Seiversville, TN.  She told me that I was invited to come and stay in my RV. Yay!

Poet Author Katherine Fredlake
Katherine Fredlake writes poetry and had a book signing at the Mermaids Castle.

Here is Dawn tasting.....

Is that Dawn tasting again!!!!!

I am trying to play innocent but I was tasting as well.

They even had music...

It was a fun day with some really fun people.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Louise,
I got hungry just reading this post! I love following along with you on your travels and can't wait to see you again at Fiber College 2014! Cheryl