Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Florida for the Winter-part 2

 I have decided to spend more time working on my crafts which means staying in one place for longer periods of time.  I think the winter is a great time to do this.  In fact for this year, I have made a reservation at Tower Point campground in Mesa, AZ, were they have a winter special of $595 for four months, September 1 to January 1.  You do pay an additional $29.95 a month for sewer and trash and pay for your electric usage.  It is the same price if you stay one month or the entire time.  I plan on working on projects, redecorate RV, and taking classes.  Then off to Quartsite.

Okay, back to what I did for the winter in Florida. After the group broke up , Jean, her sister and brother-in-law and I just traveled around staying at Moose Lodges, Elk Lodges and Wildlife Management places.  Edie and her husband went to the Tampa RV show and traded in their fifth wheel for a Class A motor home. I cut in and out from them to do various things on my own staying at a Moose Lodge in East Orlando, and getting a new microwave- the door broke,  back flush on sewer repaired-jerked on the line accidentally and tore it out, and oil change.  I also went to the Sewing and Quilting Expo and took some surface design classes.

My son and his wife had a wedding to go to in Miami area so I went down to babysit my son's stepdaughter.  Was not sure what to do with a 10 year old so I took Brooklyn to a Renaissance Faire.


  



    

My son's wife, Becky, had to work in Orlando for 45 days so my son came back down to Florida to visit both of us.  One day we went to Universal Studios since I had never been to Harry Potter.
That is butter beer we are drinking

Another day we went to Disney's Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.

I left the children and went to Tallahassee to the FMCA (Family Motor Coach  Association) rally.  Met some great people and learned some more about the care and feeding of my RV.  The highlight for me was the Krispy Kreme hamburger.  Yes, instead of a bun they used a Krispy Kreme donut.

I wanted more punishment so I went to the VooDoo Dog restaurant one night for dinner were my choices included the Barth Burger-hamburger topped with a fried egg, bacon, cheddar cheese, onion, lettuce and tomato.  Or I could get the Voodoo Dog - all beef frankfurter wrapped with bacon, deep fried with your choice of toppings. 

 I chickened out and got the Cheezeburger-angus burger with cheddar and American cheese.  By the way, I did not get the Krispy Kreme burger, my table mate did.

I had more RV troubles while I was in Tallahassee.  The camp host at West Tower Wild Life Management area noticed the exhaust pipe that comes from generator was bent.  I took the RV to a local shop and he fixed me up.
BEFORE
 
AFTER 

When I was at the Escapees campground in Bushnell, Florida, I had no reception.  Jean and I went to the flea market and found this antenna for $29.95.  Stuck it in my flag pole holder and immediately had 18 channels.  Have used it several times.  Worth the money.

While at the Escapees campground, I met a gentleman that was making fabric Locker hook rugs. They looked like quilts from a distance.  He taught me the basics so I made a cover for my IPad mini and a hot pad.

I am also attempting to knit a pair of socks a month.  This is what I have so far

I made tire covers for the RV that matched better than what I could find in the store.  There is a place in Florida that you can get cheap sun screening (I will have to put the name in later) from fifty cents a foot on up.  I make a point of going there when I am in the area.

  

Heading to Kentucky in next post to visit relatives and take care of some business.


















No comments: