Thursday, May 17, 2007

Germany And Castles

A quick check-in from mom when she arrived in Germany...

"I just made it to Bacharach. The hotel is fantastic. I still have my own room. Each room is decorated differently. Mine is a dream come true. It is so pretty. I am facing the Rhine.
The pictures will not do it justice.

We stopped at an open air museum to see Dutch life in years pass. Then it was a long bus trip to Germany. We did not stop for a picnic, instead they decided to take us for pancakes of all types at the open air museum.

Tonight, we go to dinner in the hotel and then free time to walk around the town.

Love and miss you

Mom aka Louise"



The next day I received this report....


"Hello,
Just think, I slept in a castle, on the Rhine, in a fairytale room. I took plenty of pictures.

Today we explored a castle. I will have to tell you all about it when I get home. I brought Bryan
a present. I know you told me to spend my money on myself but I could not resist. (comment from daughter: Bryan's my husband. Hey! Did she get me a present too!)

Tomorrow we are going to Mad King Ludwig's castle that the Disneyland castle was modeled after. We will spend one night in Rothenburg. (note from daughter: This is the town they filmed the Vulgarian village scenes in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in!)

Love and miss you

MOM"

No comments: